Saturday, June 13, 2009

LAS

   Just back from 'The Entertainment Capital of the World' - a visit there for me after many many years of being away. I've only been to Las Vegas twice before, and both times it was for military business and, I wasn't married then. After the first time visiting and seeing what it was about, I had the attitude of 'ok - I've been here, I can check it off the list' and that was it. The second time, I flew in all the way from Japan, did what I had to do, and flew back without spending any time on the strip at all.

This time however, I was there, family man - on a mission of different sorts - mainly there for our daughter's graduation, and then turning the remaining days into a short vacation. That, and I was able to be part of the life that envelopes this city. It was definitely a newer town (with a lot of construction still going on ) and we enjoyed as much as we could in the week.


Since my wife's been to Vegas several times over the last few years on business boondoggles, I already had a hottie tour guide in place, and when we arrived on Monday evening, she suggested we start out with a late dinner. So there we were at midnight enjoying the start of the trip with our awe-struck five year old in tow, at The House of Blues listening to great live music and chowing down on good food.

After that, it was a full itinerary without an itinerary if that makes any sense. Plenty to do or not do. From going all over the place and seeing everything to relaxing by the pool, in a restaurant, or in a casino losing it all - it was a full plate.



I can't wait to go back.

Saturday

~