Sunday, October 11, 2009

So Many Watches, So Little...

  Boy, oh boy. Bad on me to have stumbled on this website. Now I know how it is for chicks when they go on shopping sprees for shoes. I've never been to a website for watches before, and now I think I may have opened Pandora's Box.

I have two watches that I wear regularly - a Seiko for the special events, and a Casio G-Shock for daily use. Now, I'm happy with both, but anytime I'm in a store or mall and happen to walk by a counter displaying watches, I just have to stop and look.

Having owned G-Shock watches forever, I know they're worth every yen and dollar I've invested in them. From scuba dives in the Pacific and Caribbean to trudging through the snow on Mt Rainier's switchbacks and the jungles of the Philippines, they've been through it all. Notice how I say 'them' or 'they.' My problem is that if I see a newer G-Shock out there, I feel compelled to buy it. Now, I won't buy one every year, but with the current one I have being three years old, I have this feeling that the next time we're on vacation on Oahu and I'm at the NEX at Pearl Harbor, I'll be buying another one - just like I did for the one I currently have, and the one before that.

I must've spent about thirty minutes on the website just looking at what's out there before realizing that I better log off.

A trivial dilemna, but man, what a great website to have stumbled on to!

Saturday

~