Thursday, October 29, 2009

RunMan

One of my recent training regimens I've learned to really enjoy for cardio includes getting my heart rate up on a run for 22 minutes @/180 bpm minus my age - basically running at a pace that we called on one of my tactics teams, 'coconut pace.'


Another way to think of it is running or jogging at a conversational pace. Now when I first read about this method of training, I was skeptical, but after one month of doing this at least four to five times a week, I've found my ability to run 22 minutes at what I think is 'coconut pace' has done wonders for my actual distance and timed runs. I can think I'm running 'coconut pace', but my stride and strengthening of my overall endurance has me running quite faster. My heartrate is lower compared to when I first started this, and I now look forward to running more than I previously did - something a lifter and a tactics guy like me often didn't like to do.


A marathon in the future? Maybe. But one step at a time. I think I should start out by doing this first...

Saturday

~