The last time we were in this part of the Chinese calendar I was promoted in my job and we sealed a deal on our very first house. Good things happened that year. In 2012, things are happening already that give me confidence of prosperity to come.
ML always knew I wanted my own stand up paddleboard (SUP) since moving here last year, as I only rented one everytime I went out, which was practically every other week. The cost of renting one where I go to is reasonable, but still, it cost money. It got to the point I was out there so much that eventually the folks who rent them out started cutting me slack since I was such a regular and just let me use the boards for free. I'd of course force my money to them every now and then so that it would look good, and to free my consicence of cutting into their business profit margin.
A few weeks ago, ML looked at the household budget and gave me the go (Year of the Dragon working here folks, no?) to buy my own. I bought a 12' SUP on a package deal (paddle and leash included - over $300 bucks free) and have been on it at least twice a week just mainly using it to exercise. A usual workout on my SUP will be about one hour of constant paddling. It truly does help overall fitness also as I have noticed my distance run times have improved. It also helps that we live 5 minutes from the beach and my work, so I can take it out on a lunch hour if I feel like it. I do count my blessings on that because I know folks have to drive a long distance to get to places to surf or paddle around here.
I only took it out to surf for the first time yesterday though, and had some 1 - 3 foot waves by myself for nearly an hour. I really couldn't have asked for a better way to end the work week. ...and it was good work week too!
Ok - till next month (unless something post-worthy happens sooner), I hope all of you in blog-land, and also your families and friends, have a great 2012!