Saturday, March 22, 2014

March

 I had just finished a 3-mile run and was cooling down when I took this picture a few days ago with my smart phone. This was at the end of one of my running routes that I look forward to doing at the end of the work day. A good stress reliever and feeling the trades cool me down while standing by the water. If I could turn this into a painting, I think it'd be a pretty good piece of art to send to the airline, don't you think?

It's funny that I could have a smart phone on me while a hi-tech digital camera is hanging off a strap around my neck - and I'll go to using the smart phone camera to take a picture. Not that I was wearing the hi-tech camera after this run, but I was today. We were in town and watched the Prince Kuhio parade after having spent the morning at the Waikiki Aquarium, and I was taking more pictures with my smartphone than the actual camera.

We're starting to do more touristy things now that time is getting closer to leaving the islands. Time has flown and I can't believe we've been here three years. It will be sad when we leave, but I tell Mrs Lenman all the time that after I retire from the job I'm going to on the mainland, we're coming back to Oahu and buying a condo in town so we can walk Waikiki in the evening and eat dinner out every night. I say we'll give our house on the mainland to the kids if their careers are able to allow them to maintain it. She laughs, but I tell her if we don't do that, then we're buying an RV and driving the country. She doesn't like the latter at all, so maybe I'll still have a good shot of buying the condo in town here on the island. Or the other option is we'll buy a small place on Kauai or Maui.

We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Before we left the islands in 1974 (Yup. That long ago.) we bought a plot of land in Waikoloa so that we'd always have a piece of Hawaii. It wasn't worth much at all back then because it was just being developed. We sold it before it really got to be a hot commodity (of course) and used the small profit to buy something here on Oahu. We're good at buying low and selling low, just before land prices go up. Sheesh! Still, we're glad we bought something before we left... not that I would recommend that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you were able to buy property on island and make good of it, Kay. If we could've sold our mainland home when we left back in 2011, we would've seriously tried to find a way to stay on Oahu. But it was not to be.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday

~