Sunday, December 1, 2024

A Post I Never Published From August 2014

 Mrs Lenman is on a business trip and OB is staying with his cousins for a few days before school starts. Although it's quiet around the house, I am getting a lot of the 'honey-do' list tasks checked off. For some reason when ML is around, I feel like I don't get anything done. Probably because as I'm checking things off, she's adding more to the list. Well, scratch probably. She is adding things as I go down the list. So yesterday I accomplished getting over half the list checked off. It feels good to see it getting shorter. When I'm done with the rest here in a few hours, I'm going to go out and hit some golf balls at the driving range and go get my truck cleaned up. A great way day in the PNW!

When I start my day off, I check the national and local news (including Hawaii local news - can't let go of it yet) after I get my coffee and breakfast - a pop tart in todays case. Today made me realize why I only do a snapshot of the news and then move on to get my day going. What in the world is going on in our country? ...in our world? I'm sure anyone can figure out what I'm talking about. Similarly, I used to be a rabid fan of talk radio several years ago, but after hearing the same droning over and over and over, I tuned out. I still check in once in a while, but no where near what I used to do. Again, just to take a 'snapshot.' While on the road, all I do now is listen to my music. Mrs Lenman's car has Bluetooth connectivity, so I can just connect the playlist from my smartphone to broadcast over the car speakers, and I even bought an adapter that does the same for my older model truck. If I feel the need, I may turn on the radio to just get traffic info, but other than that, it's only music. An example of music to me for driving in the Pacific Northwest (even in traffic)? Click Here.  Mrs Lenman says it puts her to sleep. 

At this point in my life, and after a career in the military where stress was constant, I don't need to add more fuel to any fire that leads to contributing the lessening of my life span. Still, I feel it's important to be aware of world and local happenings.

The view from our backyard is very very relaxing. The picture is just a segment of it. We back right up to a golf course which is perfect. If we can't have the ocean, a golf course is the next best thing. The fairways and the greens are the rolling waves if that doesn't sound dorky enough. But I'm good with that!

Onward with clearing that list for today. ~

Saturday

~