Sunday, October 18, 2015

Music

At the Fairmont Kea Lani on Maui.
  The song 'Meet in Monterey' by Akira Jimbo of Casiopea is a long time favorite of mine. Japanese contemporary jazz often features American or British vocalists. Takeshi Itoh featured Cindy Fee in the 1985 release of 'Say it Again' and was the original version of the song  by T-Square's former sax player, which came out well before Jermaine Stewart's version in 1988.

When it comes to music for me, I'm biased towards anything that came out in the 80s and early 90s from the US, Japan, or UK. That's because there was more variety of talent and authenticity in the music being produced then. And - it reminds me of the good old days. Not that there aren't any good days happening at this point in my life, but whenever I hear a good song from those timeframes playing, somehow a good memory comes to mind. Guess that's just the way I'm wired.

Saturday

~