Monday, January 1, 2024

So...

   Happy 2024! The Year of the Dragon. A prosperous and healthy year to all of you!

So.... what has been going on in Lenman's world since April 1st, 2019 after my last post here? Living life but not blogging obviously. Still working and still in the Pacific Northwest, but traveled (even during COVID) and still traveling to keep things from getting monotonous. Guam, Saipan, Tinian, Hawaii, Florida, Nevada - yes, all places where sun is in the sky more than here. Even the one week we all went to South Dakota there were plenty sunny days.

But life in the PNW is good these days despite clouds and fog being the norm for weather right now. 

What was interesting the past couple of days was that I stumbled on my old Xanga blog that I started in 2003. I read all my posts from then through 2013, including this blog when I transitioned from Xanga to Blogspot in 2009. The feeling I got from reading those posts and getting feedback from folks who read them was actually therapeutic. It reminded me that I let go of something I enjoyed doing. 

Music, politics, food, memories of overseas travels - reading all of that in my old blog had me feeling I need to get back in gear and start blogging now. I enjoyed putting thoughts out there.  

Writing is something that I felt good about and is something I can do when I retire from this second career, and when ML and I are living in a sunnier and warm climate in our down-sized house. Plus, it seems that  anything I type on a keyboard these days are e-mails or memorandums at work, and I don't want to have my writing abilities just tagged to that, because what am I going to do when I retire? Blogging again is a refreshing change for something to do on my own time. 

So here I am. And here on some pictures to round out this post.




Happy New Year! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday

~