Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sunday

   Gyotaku have always interested me. Here's a couple of pictures from my uncle's favorite meeting place in Pearl City. 

Naturally, the food is great, and the items listed on the menu offer more than restaurants near where I live, but that's because of the location and availability of fish, which I think is ironic being that we live in the Puget Sound area. 

There are Japanese restaurants up in the Seattle area but I am not partial to the drive up there just to dine at a particular establishment like in my younger days. The traffic in our area is practically like LA during peak times anymore.

There's only one Japanese restaurant within a reasonable commute that I consider offering true Japanese-style fare. The menu is extensive and I mentioned it on my second Instagram post way back when. The owners and staff are from Japan, and it is always great to dine there. It's a small restaurant, but whenever I go - usually at lunch, there seems to be a group of regulars that find their place to favorite seats or at the sushi bar. Pictured is their Yaki Buta (Braised Pork) Ramen - the flavor of the broth bringing me back to my childhood days on Okinawa, including the naruto and dragon design on the bowl. Man...I think I'll go out there for lunch next week!  ~

Saturday

~