Sunday, April 21, 2024

HNL and ANA

  ML, OB and I were back on Oahu recently, and while relaxing at the beach on Hickam AFB one afternoon, spotted aircraft making their way to the reef runway. 

As a self-professed AvGeek (Aviation Geek... nerding out on all things aviation), I was excited to see one of the three 'Flying Honu's' that All Nippon Airways uses exclusively on the Narita to Honolulu routes making its way out. Being also a fan of ANA, I tracked on when these aircraft were making their way into ANA's fleet, and wondered when I would ever get to see one. Well in the course of a few days, I not only saw one, but two! This one was the blue one, which represents the sky. I thought that was pretty cool to see considering when we lived here, I would only see ANA 767s taxiing out to '8-Right' - the 'Reef Runway' even sometimes while stand-up paddle boarding back from a surf session, like I did here one day back in 2014. 










Then on another day at Hickam, we were eating a take-out lunch at one of the picnic tables near Foster Point, and another 'Flying Honu' - the green one (which represents the emerald green waters around the islands) was taxiing out.

Pretty cool to see these uniquely-painted aircraft! ~

Saturday

~