Sunday, May 26, 2024

K-Drama Time

  ML and I finished watching the Korean drama and comedy series 'Queen of Tears' on Netflix. Good series that had some interesting twists in the overall plot. Sixteen episodes, but during the last three, we watched them all in a row - something I tried not to do because each episode was over an hour long. I can't even do movies at the theater that long anymore. 

But with the plot getting more interesting, ML and I would look at each other and say, 'one more?' and that would be it. We'd be stuck on the couch watching - often past my bedtime on a work week night. 

This seems to happen whenever we start a new K-Drama series. We try to watch one, but many times we go into watching two in a row, and as I mentioned above - sometimes three in a row. They're addicting.

It's also interesting for us to watch these shows because the plots naturally deal with Korean culture. ML and I first met in Korea, and it's sometimes a trip back in the past for us, and also a way for us to see the country as it is now. When OD was stationed at Osan Air Base until two years ago, she would Facetime us and sometimes face the phone to look outside of her apartment, which was pretty cool as we got to see in real-time what was going on.

Anyway, this K-drama was good. Recommend watching! ~

Saturday

~