Sunday, October 13, 2024

October

  The weather is cooler and we're getting ready for the 'Chinese Water Torture' season. The upcoming weather change to constant rain and cold weather is a big reason for ML wanting to move when I retire from my current job. 

Since returning from Hawaii in 2014 she's become weather-averse to the Pacific Northwest winter season, which is what I went through before we moved back in 2011. It doesn't bother me too much since coming back to the PNW, but I wouldn't mind being in a more sunny and warmer environment for a permanent relocation. We've been doing our research and travels to places that are suitable and I know I'll miss the fall colors and foot patrols around the neighborhoods here. 

That's one of the cool things about living where we are at. The four seasons, the community and adjacent neighborhoods that are ideal for running, walking and biking - along with the scenery of trees, water, golf course and Mount Rainier which are great motivators to get outside and do things.

I'll enjoy it while I can. ~

Saturday

~