Sunday, December 15, 2024

Chips

 Tasting some of these chips so far has been interesting, but in a good way. When it says on the package that it tastes like 'Sizzled Barbeque Flavor,' it tastes like sizzled barbeque flavor.

I read that the reason chips in Asia seem to taste better is because they put in real ingredients like seaweed and seafood - even MSG, to make the flavors bolder and authentic. I believe it. When I looked on the back of the packaging of these, the ingredients obviously weren't written in English, but one bag had a sticker on it listing the ingredients. For the sweet potato-flavored chips (behind the green bag of 'Sichuan Peppercorn Flavor') it simply said, 'Sweet Potato, Vegetable Oil, Compound Seasoning.' That's it.

Compared to the library of ingredients American chips have in them, it can't help make one curious about what are we really eating when it comes to chips made in the US. Well, I actually could go on about this topic, but will only leave this link here to get you thinking if interested. 

Anyway, I tried the Spicy Lobster one also. It did taste like lobster and it is spicy. Bottom line; these are good chips to have with a beer! ~

Saturday

~