So what's on track for me? Well, stay as healthy as I can, focus on my goals at work and on the home front, and just try to maintain a balanced happy life. When you're younger, it seems that these things just fall into place - at least that's how I thought. But as life goes on and the school of hard knocks teaches lessons constantly, one gets wiser and understands that there are things that you can and should do and things that you can't and shouldn't do ...at least anymore. One thing I found I need to do is to keep a workout regimen going as it means more than ever once you get past fifty. Lifting and walking, things that can easily be taken for granted, are a struggle for some. I'm grateful that I can still do what I do in the weight room and be as mobile as I can be at work and get out of the office at will when I start feeling cooped up and looking at a computer screen too long.
We went to Las Vegas a few weeks ago as ML surprised me with a trip there for my birthday. OB even jumped in on the trip, probably because the folks were footing the bill for transportation and hotel, but it was good that he went. He set up day one's evening with a round at Top Golf Las Vegas, a venue I found that I really really liked. The vibe and atmosphere was fun and something I wouldn't mind making a regular thing of. We stayed there for a few days and got to do our regular routine that we do in Vegas, and had a good time. For me, Las Vegas never gets old.
There's a lot of reflection of life going on these days in my world, which is why you'll see pictures of things I did in the past coming up in the blog. I've started it on my Instagram account already, and find it therapeutic to do now, where in the past I was pretty close-hold about things. Who needed to see what I did back in the day? But it's just not for me, it's also for ML, OB, OD and anyone in the family or friends to see.
So with this post, I finally did a year straight of consistent blogging - something I originally wanted to do back in 2003 when I first started on Xanga (wow). Hoping to keep going for as many years as I can.
I hope everyone has a blessed 2025. Aloha! ~