Sunday, April 6, 2025

The Diamond Head Room

                                     
  My unit was the only Air Force one physically located on Pearl Harbor. Officially, it was never recorded in the history books because we never got to Full Operating Capability. But I'll know that we were there to anyone who cares to know. 

Anyway, the facility was nice, but the location was in a compact industrial area in the shipyard complex. From outside it looked like an old building that probably had 1970s style government furniture in it. Still, it didn't deter me from getting the inside of it set up in a way that conveyed a professional and quality-minded organization, but most of all was an Air Force one.

One of the rooms I was proud of was what I called 'The Diamond Head Room.' It was our squadron conference room and was in a great location of our building's interior layout. This picture only shows one side of the room, but on the opposite walls were a couple of nice pictures of Diamond Head, and I even made a nice sign above the door entrance stating the room's name. 

This was the fun part of my job while stationed at Hickam. ~

Saturday

~