Sunday, July 13, 2025

Vacation

 I spent the last few weeks traveling throughout Korea, Okinawa and mainland Japan with ML and OB. To be back after so many years away was rejuvenating and a recharge for me on many levels. 

The culture of both countries was something I truly missed, followed by the food of course. Overall, it was just so refreshing to be back and has me seriously contemplating whether I should look to continue my current occupation and find a position in Japan to finish out my working life before fading into retirement bliss.

There's a ton of pictures to sort through and post, which I think at this point will just flow over time here and there. 

This trip was so memorable that it has me planning at least a return trip back to Japan because despite ML having a detailed itinerary for the time we were in both countries, there were still so many things we didn't get to do. In fact, this was 'Tokyo II', a term OB and I coined after our trip to Tokyo in 2013 just before I retired from the Air Force. Upon returning to Hawaii back then, I told OB that we need to go back and do another Tokyo trip again because we missed a 'few things.'  Well, 'Tokyo II' happened this time around and we saw what we missed over 10 years ago, but now we've decided there needs to be a 'Tokyo III' trip, lol. 

Good time and good memories made this trip! ~

Saturday

~