Sunday, August 24, 2025

Mensore!

  Our next stop after Korea was Okinawa.  It was a great week experiencing island lifestyle again and  the laid back culture and food the island is known for. 

I still have hundreds of pictures on my phone needing to be uploaded to my computer. They'll be posted over time here and there on the blog. In the meantime, here's a few;

Under the sun at Motobu. It was 88 
degrees when I took this picture

Soki Soba

From Shuri Castle looking west towards Naha

Okinawa Prefectural Peace Memorial Museum 

Okinawa Hibiscus

Chatan/Sunset Beach Day

Luna and Sabani (Okinawa sailboat)

Great place to eat

Seaside Restaurant (Kadena Marina) view


Sunset on American Village 'boardwalk'

Chatan Manhole Cover (A
thing in Japan to have art on them)

Morning view at breakfast
                                                                                  

Something I found humorous. A magnetic
'sign' was placed on our rental car when 
we picked it up. At first, I was puzzled
on why it was placed on the car
as I was doing the walk-around, and I just
got a smile from the rental agent saying it was
something required - no other explanation.
By the next day, I figured out it denoted
that I was a foreign driver. I saw magnetic
signs of varying designs similar to this on 
quite a few vehicles with non-SOFA 
(American Forces) plates, in addition
to the sticker on the car where they were
rented from. Sort of like being in Hawaii;
you know when a car is a rental and
being driven by someone 'not from the
area.' On Okinawa, I suppose it's a way to warn
local drivers that you might turn on your windshield
wipers instead of turn signal, or inadvertently
turn into the oncoming lane after
entering the roadway. IYKYK, lol. Still, like it says, 'I
Love Driving in Japan' and it was great to be
driving on the left side again. ML was 
actually keeping count of how many
times I hit the windshield wiper lever, 
but I didn't care. I was having fun!
                                                                                ~


Saturday

~