Sunday, December 28, 2025

Winter Raptor

Photo Courtesy of OB
 Hawaii Raptor taxiing back to Hickam AFB after landing on 26L, which was a thing all week because of the pretty breezy weather associated with the 'atmospheric river' that pummeled the PNW. Even our flight in from SEA used 26L which in all my years of flying back to Oahu I've never landed on. 

I always remember my good friend Hana - one of the Hickam Lifeguards, saying that if you see whitecaps out there, don't go. It might look harmless enough, but if you go out (mainly for SUP'ers), that it'll be very challenging. There were days that I went out with 'small kine' whitecaps just because I wanted to paddle and get exercise, but I wouldn't have went out on the day this pic was taken last week. Winds were pretty strong and consistent to where the windsock nearby was full out forever.

We hadn't been back during Christmas season since we lived there and it was good to see all the Christmas decor up everywhere.

Even though it rained nearly everyday with a peek of the sun here and there, it was good to just take a break on the island to relax, see family and just be back. ~

Saturday

~