Saturday, February 19, 2011

Onward

  The move is on. My number two at work was hired into the position I'm now vacating, and I'm comfortable leaving everything in her hands. The upcoming week is my last one on the job here, and the movers just emptied our house of all the furniture and stuff we need to start our new chapter in life at. ...the warmer location.

It was a little bit of a bummer taking this picture after the last of the boxes had been taken out. Four years of being in this house - which I was sure was going to be my retirement house - the one on the golf course with the man cave in the garage that I always wanted, now a deal of a lifetime to someone who wants to rent it out at a price that I personally think is a bargain (because I still have to pay a butt load on the difference to cover the mortgage). But we're moving on and not looking back.

The last few days, I've been looking back on my life and career and it's come full circle. I'm returning to the place I was born, and finishing up my career there on a note that I only thought happens to 'the other guys' and not me. Well, it's happening, and to me of all people, and I'm going to take it and run with it. The opportunity I have is truly once in a lifetime to do what I am going over for, and will be an epic chapter of my career and life by the time I finish this part of my career in four years.

Next post will be from there. If you haven't figured where it is going to be by now, you'll know for sure then!

Saturday

~