Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lucky You Live Hawaii!

Departing SEA. It would have to be raining my last day there.
Arriving HNL. Not sunny - but I'll take it.
  Ok. I'm back on line. Finally got our internet and cable hooked up at the house today and we no longer have to live off of our iPhones for survival. Setting up the wireless router was the last thing I had to do this evening, but I figured I'd add a post before hitting the rack.

So we're here! HNL. 'Lucky You Live Hawaii!' ...and we do feel lucky. And blessed.

I left Washington at the end of February and the rest of the family arrived in May. ML would've came over earlier, but had to sort out the transfer with her company. Plus, it gave more time for our boy to finish up most of his schooling there, but was able to complete the school year here.

I spent two months living on the beach in Waikiki before getting the house issue settled, and realized I can't stand the taxis and the trolleys or tourists who don't follow the rules at the crosswalks. But that's for later.

Everything - SUV and Truck, household goods - all made it here in one piece thankfully. Couldn't have asked for a smoother move. Getting the house situation taken care of was a little bit of a roller coaster ride for a few weeks there, but in the end, it worked out perfectly. We got a house exactly where I wanted to live when I found out we were going to be moving here and the family couldn't be happier. Because we're out of the house so much more than when we were in WA, everyone's healthier. It's just the way it is.

Bottom line; base camp is now in the islands. More to follow. Aloha!

Saturday

~