Saturday, June 25, 2011

Settling In

  As we get settled into life on the island, me and ML constantly say to each other, 'can you believe we're living here?'

Me - I can and can't. Everyday I drive to work, or go stand up boarding, or just go to places I once only visited when I was here on vacation - all make me know I'm here. But I just have to sometimes say in my mind, 'you are here.' It's great. As much as I love the Pacific Northwest and the Puget Sound in particular, nothing can beat the lifestyle we're now enjoying. The beach is literally five minutes from my house and work, and I'm out running more than ever because the weather is just perfect for running - even when it's raining. (This ain't rain here. It's drizzle. And it's warm! Not freezing-ass cold like Washington rain.) I even ride my bike to work now - something I haven't done since living and working in Japan over twenty years ago. I'm also liking the fact that all the fruits I enjoy are available in small or large platters to consume for breakfast. The list goes on.

One thing for sure, it's brought my family closer. Not that we ever were apart, but I mean it in the context of doing activities together; we're on a vacation everyday. There are things we can do that have us more active than we've ever been. And I thought we were active in Washington.

More pics to post later...

Saturday

~