Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hickam Field





 I have ties to the US Air Force and I'm very very proud of that. But...until I retire or get close to retiring (soon), I will keep most of this blog still fairly sanitized as to who I really am or what I do. ...just have to.

Mrs Lenman, my visiting MIL and I took the Hickam Historical Tour. What a fantastic tour to take. I thought I knew about Hickam's history, but realized I didn't.  Jessie Higa is the tour guide and she is well versed on so many things about this great Air Force Base. Yes, I still say 'Air Force Base' because I don't care for the Joint Base concept. Before I returned to Hawaii, I was stationed at another Joint Base, so I was able to get a taste of what was to come early on. The concept was supposed to save money and streamline processes, but it's done neither of those. I just hope the politicians realize this as time goes on and de-establish the JB concept and go back to the way things were. It was more efficient, practical, and didn't waste money when each service managed its own installations.

Anyway, if you live on island or are visiting the island - and especially if you have relatives who served at Hickam Field or Hickam AFB - take the tour. You won't be disappointed.

Saturday

~