Sunday, March 31, 2024

A Post from Sep 10, 2014 I Never Published


 We were able to 'break in' our house this past weekend with a family BBQ, which I'm sure put ML at ease since we hadn't hosted any functions in the house since Christmas 2010 - before we moved to Oahu. Things went well and I'm relieved that I haven't lost my touch when it comes to hosting large parties - especially on cooking and getting the menu right. For the three years we were in Hawaii, it was mainly 'small kine' - neighbors or a small family get togethers here and there. Here in the PNW, there are so many family members from Hawaii and Guam that when any of us have get-togethers where the grill is out and beer is going to be flowing, the word gets out and it turns into a full-blown family even. But I'm good with that.

I'm happy that my yard is coming back to the thick green grass I was used to having before we moved to Hawaii, and I was even able to convince ML that we needed new mulch along the house and back fence bordering the golf course without any pushback. She is the House CFO after all, and while I'm in a gray area of job hunting and getting our boy off to school in the am, I can get this stuff done. I chose red mulch - something I've never done before, and I think it looks good. ~


 

Saturday

~