Sunday, March 24, 2024

Glass

  Some archived pics when we visited the Museum of Glass in Tacoma. Interesting exhibits then, and I'm sure today. To have one of the world's renown glass artists glass artists originally from here it's no surprise that the museum is here. I've seen Dale Chihuly works in places around the country - most recently in the lobby here during our Las Vegas trip, and even one time at a residence of a CEO for one of the Fortune 500 companies formerly headquartered here in the Puget Sound. You know you've made it when you have one of his works of art in the foyer of your home. 

I've been exposed to glass blowing art since I was a kid, and it all started here. Back then, the DoD school I attended on Okinawa during my middle school years had a great series of field trips around key cultural points of interest on the island, and the glass-blowing factory was one of the more intense ones visited. We were able to go into the factory and witness up-close the art being made and I remember the heat and noise of the kilns and fans. We're planning a trip back to the island in the future. Possibly a item to check off when we're there. Cool stuff! ~ 










Saturday

~