Sunday, September 20, 2015

MCO





 We went to Disney World recently, something I never thought I'd do as we went to Tokyo Disneyland in 2013 - thinking that was checked off of the bucket list for having visited any of the Disney venues. I have zero desire for theme parks or that sort anymore because I'm just a guy these days who would rather drink a beer or two after work in the confines of my own castle or with a few close friends and family at their places. But I go on these travels because ML plans them out and I figure a way to adjust once in place. Have I told you I don't like crowds? Well I don't.
 
Anyway, this was a multi-purposed trip. It was mainly to go to Orlando for ML's cousin's retirement from the Air Force (he was retiring there), and to go to Disney World ontop of a family reunion of sorts - even meeting up with our daughter who is now in uniform - taking leave from where she's assigned.
 
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be during the whole week we were there. The bonus that came out of the trip however, was I can now say I've been to the stateside Hard Rock Café benchmark - the HRC Orlando. Now to me, the ultimate HRC is of course HRC London, which was the first and original, and one that I was fortunate to frequent regularly when I lived in the UK. But I read about HRC Orlando a few years ago and wondered when I would ever make it out there.
 
Glad I went!

Saturday

~