Our latest kitchen gadgets are a great addition and time-savers. I used a multi-cutter that can cut up everything from vegetables to spam in small pieces to large, and the other being an Air Fryer that ML bought for the household this Christmas. My parents used a version of an air fryer when they lived here in Washington over twenty years ago, and I remember my mom making chicken and ribs in theirs. Who'd have thought that the air fryer would be such a big hit these days? I was craving some fries one afternoon and we have a boatload of potatoes in the pantry, so...
I cut them up and soaked them for a bit to get the starch out,
and then air-fried them, not even knowing what temp or time to put it on. Just threw them in with the timer on 25 minutes with some olive oil splashed on, guessed that 400 degrees would be good - checked on it periodically and seasoned them towards the end of cooking.
For the most part, they were good. I know I need to make some adjustments next time, but I'm satisfied with the outcome. Next experiment is cutting up some spam into the same as the fries I did here. What I like about the air fryer is using it to cook doesn't produce a mess, and it's easy to clean. I'm all for food prepared fast and the clean up quick! ~