Sunday, February 23, 2025

Watch Time

  My Casio MDV106-1A Duro is in the rotation regularly, especially on days when I'm wearing attire matching the folks wearing OCPs at work. It's a comfortable wear and if I was back in my scuba diving days, it would get more use along with the other diveable Casios I have. 

The band is comfortable and overall a very easy watch to wear. Easy because it's not clunky, the dial, minute, second and hour hands are clear, and the numbers on the rotatable bezel give a quick reference to the minutes on the clock. It's battery operated, and a simple but good watch.

The unique feature of this one is the marlin on the dial above the six o'clock marker, something that the new Duros supposedly don't have anymore. I guess it makes this one a collector's item which is cool, but I don't have plans on disposing it. Actually, every watch I've bought since 1993 is a permanent part of the inventory. 

The price was great - just over $60, and for that price and the features, it is worth it. The styling of a much more expensive Rolex Submariner doesn't hurt it either. So this one that I bought last year is one of the latest of the watch lineup! ~

Saturday

~