![]() |
| Tamiya USA |
I was checking out the latest models on the Tamiya website and saw this. Wow. Talk about memories. When I was a kid, one of my best friends had what we called the 'Honda 50' and boy was it fun to ride. It was a four-stroke 50cc mini bike that was my exposure to motorcycle riding. When I saw this picture, the times we rode it immediately came back to mind. I could even smell the exhaust this two-wheeler created when we started it up and throttled to go.
Years later I would get my motorcycle endorsement when I was stationed in South Dakota and it all started with this. The days riding through the Black Hills on a clear summer day were fantastic and something I'll always remember.
I haven't ridden a motorcycle in quite a few years, so I was pleasantly surprised one day during a discussion on the topic that ML was receptive to the possibility of getting a touring bike for one of our future activities. Of course, that would require good research and somehow me figuring out where I could 'test ride' one to see if my skills from the past could be brought out. But it's good to know that it could be a shared 'hobby' we both would be able to do.
It was cool to see this on line and the memories I'd long forgotten about come back. ~
