Thursday, August 21, 2014
Cascades
For some folks who travel more than I do, maybe seeing this view is a regular thing, but for me it was a once in a lifetime event. In all my years of flying to and from Seattle, I have never seen all of the major mountains (or volcanoes, since that's what they are) in the northwest Cascade Mountain Range at once - maybe in passing over them on flights to and from California, but not like this. The only mountain missing in this scene is Mt Baker, which would be out of the picture to the left behind the airplane. So from left to right in this picture are Mt Rainier, Mt Adams, and Mt St Helens in Washington, Mt Hood in Oregon and faaaar off in the distance Mt Shasta in northern California. It was much clearer seeing in person, and considering this picture was taken with my smartphone camera, don't think it came out too bad. Awesome sight!
-
T here are many things I love about being back on the island. This one in the picture I'm getting used to.
-
I t's been a while, hasn't it? Many things going on which have me burning the candle on both ends - some on the family front, an...