One hobby of mine is collecting aviation models. As a kid I built plastic model airplanes and now as an OG the hobby has morphed into the die-cast or pre-built plastic model world because my beer fund allows me to. I still buy plastic models to build, but having die-cast ones readily available seems to be a good option when I'm not in building mode or time is short due to work or other projects going on. Plus, some of the ready-made products out there are impressive with detail I could only hope to replicate. But I'll swap out beer money to buy one if it interests me enough.
One day, OB and I were driving back from Seattle and we decided to eat a late lunch at the Museum of Flight. After we finished eating, we walked around a bit to see what was updated and per our usual SOP, on the way out stopped by the museum's store. Passing a display wall, I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I came up to it; an F-15C of the 18th Wing at Kadena Air Base! Having been members of the museum for over ten years until giving it up a few years ago, I have seen (and bought) at the store some great die-cast and plastic models in the 1:400, 1:200 and 1:48 scale, but here was a 1:72 scale die-cast model of a fighter jet that I'd been wondering was ever going to be made. At that point to me price wasn't an option and I bought it. A true collector's item, especially now with the type aircraft being swapped out for the F-15EX , a move I think is a good one considering the upgraded capabilities of it.
Here's F-15C Serial # 85-093 of the 44th Fighter Squadron 'Vampires.' ~




