Sunday, July 7, 2024

Murica

   I took a last week off from blogging because ML frago'd the weekend plan and we headed out to the eastern side of the state to visit OD and the grandkids. It was a nice 4.5 hour drive out and a great visit as always. One sight I always enjoy seeing is the big American flag outside of Ellensburg, and is the largest flag in the state of Washington. It's located at Shree's truck stop, and from what I was able to find out on the internet, the flag pole is 150 ft tall, and the flag is 40x80 ft. Nice!

One thing I don't tire of is how the traffic dissipates the further east on I-90 you drive - in fact, I like how the average speed seems to be at least 20mph over the speed limit. 

Some people I know don't really care for the Spokane Valley area, but to me, it has that feel of when I used to live in Rapid City, South Dakota. Small enough town with all the things you need, but not big enough where you have craziness going on, like say, Seattle. It is getting a little interesting though to see house prices almost catching up to what we have here in the Puget Sound area, but I suppose that as long as a metro area is near anywhere someone wants to live in this state, that it's inevitably going to happen. At least OD and my son-in-law were able to buy their first home in a nice neighborhood not too far from Spokane itself before prices really get out of reach for a young couple just starting out. Anyway, to see this flag during the trip east and coming back is always great! ~

Saturday

~